We went to Rockport this year for our summer vacation. Rockport is about 15 minutes from Port Aransas and 30 minutes from Corpus Christi. It was perfect! One reason is that Rockport is only 3 hours and 15 minutes from our house.
We had fun at the beach and spent a good amount of time at the neighborhood pool where we rented our vacation house. Zoe really enjoyed staying at the house and loved the bunk beds in the room she and Henry stayed in at night.
Rhett and I enjoyed the screened in porch that allowed the constant breeze to flow through the patio area. We ate our dinners there and I had one too many glasses of wine the first night while we stayed up talking way past my bedtime.
We spent 1 day in Corpus Christi visiting the Texas State Aquarium and eating baskets of fried seafood at a place called Pier 99. The Aquarium was very nice and I think Rhett and I enjoyed it more than Zoe did.
We also got to visit the largest oak tree in Texas located on Goose Island just outside of Rockport. The tree is believed to be over 1000 years old. Rhett liked this area. It is very quiet and known for good fishing and bird spotting.
Our last destination was Kreuz Market barbecue in Lockhart. We loaded up on pork ribs, brisket, and sausage. Delicious!
We measured the success of this vacation by our wishes that we could have stayed just one day longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment